Create a breastfeeding-friendly environment.
- Breastfeeding families are encouraged to breastfeed onsite.
- Families and employees are provided a non-restroom space to breastfeed or pump.
Provide employee training to support breastfeeding.
- Train all employees on breastfeeding-friendly practices.
- Include: benefits of breastfeeding, handling and storing breast milk, paced bottle feeding, creating a breastfeeding-friendly environment, policy, and parent support.
Implement proper storage, handling, and feeding of breast milk.
- Provide refrigerator and freezer space for storage of breast milk.
- Instruct breastfeeding families on how to properly label and store breast milk.
- Provide an individual feeding plan for all infants under 18 months.
Adopt written policies supporting breastfeeding families and employees.
- Adopt a written policy and communicate it to both breastfeeding families and employees.
- Provide appropriate break time for employees to pump or breastfeed.
Offer breastfeeding resources to families and employees.
- Provide breastfeeding resources for families.
- Provide breastfeeding resources for employees.