School districts are an important setting to consider in the promotion of lactation accommodation, not only for their employees but for their future students as well.
LSE takes a collective impact approach in providing assistance to school districts across San Diego County in the adoption and implementation of lactation accommodation policies as well as systems and environmental change strategies.
LSE provides guidance and support through:
- Assessment of current needs and development of an implementation plan
- Policy samples and support of policy development or revision
- Implementation of policy and logistics to support both employees, school districts, and students
- Training of human resource staff, superintendents, and principals
- Technical assistance with lactation room design, creative space solutions, and creating a supportive environment
- Resources for both employees, school districts, and students