Why Child Care
Many new mothers return to work or school within the first three months of their child’s life and choose to stop
breastfeeding due to concerns about placing their infant in child care and pumping at work.
Increasing the number of breastfeeding-friendly child-care
sites in San Diego County breaks down barriers to continued
breastfeeding, which means healthier babies, healthier moms,
and healthier future generations.
What we do
We help licensed family child-care homes and child-care centers support and promote breastfeeding-friendly practices in their sites.
What we offer
• Initial engagement to determine individual needs for your site
• Free training (online or in-person)
• Materials and resources for families and employees
• Incentives to assist in creating a breastfeeding-friendly
• Recognition for providers who are implementing best practices
Interested in more information?
Contact the the Breastfeeding-Friendly San Diego Team
Breastfeeding-Friendly San Diego (BFSD) is a project of Live Well San Diego: Healthy Works and implemented by UC San Diego Center for Community Health. This work supports Live Well San Diego, the County vision of a region that is Building Better Health, Living Safely, and Thriving. BFSD is made possible with funding from First 5 San Diego through the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency.