School districts are an important setting to consider in the promotion of lactation accommodation, not only for their employees but for their future students as well.
LSE takes a collective impact approach in providing assistance to school districts across San Diego County in the adoption and implementation of lactation accommodation policies as well as systems and environmental change strategies. A notable success resulted from the joint collaboration of a sample lactation accommodation policy by UCSD, the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE), and the California School Boards Association (CSBA), for use among schools districts statewide — making it possible for school districts to easily adopt and implement a lactation policy.
Engaged School Districts
- Cardiff School District
- Carlsbad Unified School district
- Dehesa School District
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Julian Union School District
- Julian Union High School District
- Lakeside Union School District
- San Ysidro School District
- Santee School District
- South Bay Union School District
- Vista Unified School District