We recently hosted a workshop for neighborhood market owners and managers on Saturday, September 10th. The workshop was led by a food retail industry expert, Your Local Hive, to help markets in our Program continue their transformation as a healthy neighborhood market. Participating markets included:
- Minnehaha Food Market in City Heights
- Bruno’s Market in Grant Hill (Southeastern San Diego)
- Wrigley’s Supermarket in National City
- Monze Farmers Market in La Mesa
- Rema Halal Food in the City of El Cajon
Owners and managers were able to meet together to learn new tips of the trade, exchange ideas, taste test new healthy product options, and walk away with tangible new skills in how to best source, display, and sell fresh produce. Participants also helped choose a new logo for an up and coming re-brand of the Program. Stay tuned for more on that! We’re looking forward to continuing to support these markets in their growth and success.