With a pandemic that is constantly changing, it’s critically important to stay informed. View our resources
Look for plump strawberries with a bright red color. The green caps should be attached and look fresh. Avoid buying strawberries that are bruised, moldy, wrinkled or with green or white tips. If the bottom of the container is stained or leaking, it may be a sign that the berries are rotting.
If you find moldy strawberries, do not throw away the entire container. Remove the moldy ones as soon as possible and save the rest.
Leave the green caps on until ready to eat.
Source: Save the Food
The average strawberry has 200 seeds!
c Strawberries help your body heal cuts and wounds and lower your risk of infection because they contain Vitamin C.
f Strawberries help you feel full and keep normal blood sugar levels because they contain fiber.
Click here for more information about strawberries!
Click here for a printable page with lots of info about strawberries.
4 cups of water
6 rice paper wrappers
10 strawberries hulled and sliced
3 cups of leafy greens
½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup red cabbage
For Dipping Sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
1 Tbsp diced strawberries
1 tsp minced cilantro
Makes 6 rolls
1. Boil water and keep warm.
2. To soften rice paper, fill a bowl with boiling water. Using tongs, soak one rice paper at a time for 3 seconds, and quickly fill and roll, one rice paper at a time. Do not over-soak rice paper.
3. Working at the center, place approximately 6 slices of strawberries, ½ cup leafy greens, a small amount of shredded carrots, and cabbage onto the rice paper.
4. Fold in the sides of the roll and bring the bottom up and over the filling; tuck tightly while rolling.
5. Place on a plate seam-side down and continue rolling remaining sheets.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature with dipping sauce.
Whisk together all ingredients and dip rolls in sauce.
If you do not have rice vinegar, try another type of vinegar or lemon or lime juice instead.
No sesame oil? Try using vegetable oil such as olive oil, avocado oil or canola oil.